Pace Makes The Race Podcast
Dave Schwartz and Derek Simon discuss handicapping spot plays, databases, looking for value, and a myriad of other topics.
- Structuring spot plays
- Number of factors to use
- Reality check
- Derek’s “Base 5”
- Why recency matters even though stats don’t support it.
- Derek on Bounce Theory
- Negative Spot Plays on Low Odds Horses!
- How Negative Spot PlaysÂ make you profitable.
- Dave:Â False Monty Object defined.
- Picking contenders using Monty Hall.
- Derek: Can’t Make Early Speed Profitable.
- Derek on Playing the Low Odds Horse.
- “The more factors we use, the harder it is to get longshots.”
- Back keying a low odds throw out.
- Exacta Strategy in 5-6 horse fields.
To listen, just click below.
New Feature: Listen at super fast speed!
About Derek Simon:
I love numbers and analysis and have been able to parlay that into an exciting career writing about two of my greatest passions â€” business and sports.
In addition to working as a freelance financial writer for Newsmax, The Motley Fool, Investopedia/Forbes, Beacon Equity Research and Investor Concepts (among others), I was also the editor of Small Cap Insider, a monthly newsletter highlighting investment opportunities in the small cap sector.
Currently, I am the editorial director for US Racing where I contribute written, audio and video content and oversee a team of talented and passionate writers.
Check back often.Â Did you know that the best stuffÂ goes directly to our email community?Â Be the first to hear about special offers, new products, and new material.Â Sign Up Today.
Join the discussion in ourÂ private Talking Handicapping with Dave Schwartz Facebook Group.