Dave Interviews Ira Yorn, Winning Amateur Player
Ira Yorn is a highly organized player, possibly the most organized that I know of. He scans the races at 4-5 tracks the night before and begins his handicapping the next day as first post approaches. This short (24 minutes) podcast is packed with simple-yet-powerful ideas.
- “The money is in late horses.”
- “Avoid races with dominant trainer horses, or else bet against them.”
- Trainer statistics are key to horizontal singles.
- Profitability is determined by the mix of horses and the tote board.
- You’ve got to handicap the race to determine value.
- Look for top trainer, off-pace horses to play against.
In addition, Dave discusses the 0-2-x object, HSH’s trainer statistics, and FX%. (Trainer Angle Counter)
Check back often. Did you know that the best stuff goes directly to our email community? Be the first to hear about special offers, new products, and new material. Sign Up Today.
Join the discussion in our private Talking Handicapping with Dave Schwartz Facebook Group.
Now in the PaceMakesTheRace.com online store – Video seminar to help you gain an awesome analytical edge by organizing your handicapping. Click on the picture to read more >>