PaceMakeTheRace Podcast featuring Dave Schwartz and Derek Simon discussing the practical side of handicapping approaches.
The topic is all over the place (as usual) but mostly about the handicapping process and how impractical some players make theirs. And GET THIS! — Derek called me an “ignorant slut!” How dare he use MY phrase!
- How many people spend four hours handicapping the night before their races? And is it working because of the time investment?
- If you are refilling your account, if you are not profitable – then it might be time to look at your processes.
- Change is hard, you can reduce the time you spend on your handicapping.
- Craft a well defined core method based on actual numbers and delineating major and minor factors, which will eliminate making decisions based on feelings or intuition.
- Think of it this way: Streamlining your process gives you more time to figure out how to bet and more races to play.
Listen to Podcast here:
Listen at Super-Fast Speed here:
About Derek Simon:
I love numbers and analysis and have been able to parlay that into an exciting career writing about two of my greatest passions â€” business and sports.
In addition to working as a freelance financial writer for Newsmax, The Motley Fool, Investopedia/Forbes, Beacon Equity Research and Investor Concepts (among others), I was also the editor of Small Cap Insider, a monthly newsletter highlighting investment opportunities in the small cap sector.
Currently, I am the editorial director for US Racing where I contribute written, audio and video content and oversee a team of talented and passionate writers.
Check back often.Â Did you know that the best stuffÂ goes directly to our email community?Â Be the first to hear about special offers, new products, and new material.Â Sign Up Today.
Join the discussion in ourÂ private Talking Handicapping with Dave Schwartz Facebook Group.